This position is responsible for assisting with the administration of the compliance reporting process for certain economic development incentive programs for the Business Development Division of the Alabama Department of Commerce, including but not limited to: data collection/mining, reporting, statistical analysis, and other tasks related to Commerce’s administration of economic development incentive programs. This position reports to the Incentives Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Review, analyze and certify incentive compliance reports submitted through Commerce’s online compliance portal.
- Maintain, update and improve Commerce’s online compliance portal.
- Generate reports as needed by management and others regarding the performance of Commerce’s existing and future incentive programs.
- Assist with developing forms, procedures and agency administrative rules for incentive programs in accordance with the law.
- Assist with tracking, reviewing and analyzing Commerce-related incentive legislation.
- Comply with all policies and procedures as set by the Departments of Personnel and Commerce.
- Plan daily/weekly work schedule.
- Maintain housekeeping to organizational standards.
- Interact professionally with co-workers, general public, and others as required.
- Comply with the Department of Commerce policy regarding attendance. (Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.)
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Skill in Microsoft office, including expert skills in Excel.
- Skill in communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Ability to interact professionally with economic development allies, industry representatives, public officials, coworkers and the general public.
- Ability to analyze legislation.
- Ability to conduct research.
- Ability to follow established laws, policies and procedures.
- Ability to set and meet deadlines and manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Ability to work flexible hours based on project needs.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of Salesforce
Required Minimum Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree in Economic Development, Business Administration, Marketing, Engineering, Geography or a related field.
Salary and General:
Salary will be based on experience.
Excellent benefits package included. Employees are offered a competitive benefits package which includes health and dental insurance, paid annual and sick leave, paid holidays, and a retirement program.
Resumes may be accepted via U.S. Postal Mail or Electronic Mail
ATTN: ANGELA SMITH, INCENTIVES MANAGER
Alabama Department of Commerce
401 Adams Avenue, 6th Floor
Montgomery, Alabama 36130-4106
Interviews are by appointment only. Employment references may be requested during the application process.